Commercial and industrial facilities often rely on standby generators for uninterrupted power supply in the event of a power outage. Businesses in industries, such as hospitality, aviation, construction, telecommunication and food are heavily reliant on stable power sources also do not hesitate to invest in smart backup power solutions. In many municipalities ‘emergency power systems’ are mandatory by law for building systems that could create a safety hazard for humans, in case of lack of power. Certain states have also mandated ‘standby power’ for industries where the building systems could disrupt businesses, even though they may not impact human life.
JLC Electrical Contractors designs, maintains and repairs commercial electrical systems for a wide range of industries throughout NJ. With years of experience serving businesses of all sizes throughout NJ we strongly advise certain industries to invest in standby generators, even if the law does not require it.
5 Industries Standby Generators May be a Necessity
Many times power outages can leave business owners in difficulty and potentially revenue crippling situation. From physical discomfort and disruption of routine, to safety hazards and monetary losses, the lack of uninterrupted power supply could pose several challenges.
Here are some examples of industries that tend to benefit the most from backup power systems.
- Food Preparation & Services: Whether it is freezers, refrigerators, ovens, stoves, or lights for the safety of their patrons, power outages could bring bakeries, cafés, restaurants or food manufacturing businesses to a complete halt. The inability to serve their customers could easily lead to thousands of dollars in losses for every hour or day that they remain inoperable.
- Hospitality: While large resorts and hotels may necessarily have to invest in backup power, smaller lodges, motels, or inns may think they can survive without it. However, have you considered the impact of power outages on the comfort and safety of your patrons? From the lights, elevators, and heating/ cooling systems, to security equipment, communications and payment services, all systems that are down will affect your ability to serve. If there are wide spread outages it is possible to actually gain business from those in need of electricity.
- Retail and Professional Services: Malls, department stores, small retail stores, law offices or dental offices, no matter what kind of business you manage, standby power will always come in handy. Address aspects, such as safety, visibility, accessibility and cost-effectiveness by investing in a robust standby power system.
- Manufacturers: Efficient backup power systems will help you protect your sensitive machinery and equipment, prevent accidents, minimize production downtime, and keep your business up and running at all times.
- Municipalities, Parking Lots and Government Services: Whether it is parking lots, government offices, water treatment plants, or garbage and recycling plants, all these facilities use automated equipment and systems that cannot afford to “take the day off”. Any interruptions in their services will not only reflect poorly on the governing authorities and city officials, but they may also pose health and safety risks to the general public.
Authorized Generac Dealers In NJ
JLC Electrical Contractors are Authorized Generac Dealers that work closely with entrepreneurs, professionals and facilities managers to plan and design smart electrical solutions. Our goal is to minimize power outages, decrease operational costs, and improve the efficiencies of your appliances and machinery. In addition to installing, maintaining and repairing standby generators, we offer a complete range of commercial and industrial electrical solutions. This includes wiring, lighting, electrical hookups, and more.
For smart, reliable and affordable standby power solutions, contact the professional electricians at JLC Electrical Contractors. Call (732)332-1100 to discuss your requirements, or contact us online for a free quote.